Orlando City unlikely to appeal Kaka’s playful red card

Major League Soccer club Orlando City have reportedly hit back at the decision to give Kaka a red card after his playful interaction with his former teammate.


The Brazil international received only his second red card of his career during the 3-1 defeat to New York Red Bulls after he grabbed the face and neck of Aurelian Collin who previously played for Orlando.

The duo were in jovial mood immediately, however, after consulting the league’s new video referral system, referee Jorge Gonzalez deemed the veteran’s actions to be worthy of a sending off. As a result, Kaka will miss at least one game and Orlando announced on Monday that they would not appeal against the red card although they disagree with the decision.

A club statement said: “After much deliberation, which included conversations about the global attention this incident is receiving from fans and media alike, the club will respect the decision made by the Video Assistant Referee, the Professional Referee Organization and Major League Soccer to avoid further unjustified consequences that may come from appealing the decision made on the field. Moreover, we also do not believe he deliberately ‘struck’ an opponent or any other person on the head or face with his hand or arm during the match. The captain will accept the one-game suspension and help our club and fans focus on the next task” Continue reading Orlando City unlikely to appeal Kaka’s playful red card

KAKA OUT FOR SIX WEEKS

Brazil football legend Kaka is set to be sidelined for the next six weeks after he picked up a hamstring injury in the season’s opener against New York City FC in the Major League Soccer.


The Orlando City star has been confirmed out for that long by the club’s spokesperson, according to ESPN.

Kaka, who is the highest paid star in the league, played just eleven minutes before he limped off in the game and Coach Jason Kreis has confirmed that the former Real Madrid playmaker’s injury is “pretty serious.”

“We don’t have an MRI back there in the locker room but it looks like this could be a pretty serious injury. I am very, very disappointed for him, He’s worked extremely hard in the offseason and hard in the preseason.

“This could’ve been a huge night for him. I think everyone could see the energy he was already putting into the game in those eleven minutes. I thought this was going to be a special night for him,” Kreis said. Continue reading KAKA OUT FOR SIX WEEKS

LA Galaxy name new coach

Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy has appointed Curt Onalfo as their new coach.


He will be replacing Bruce Arena that has left LA Galaxy to take charge of the United States national selection. Curt Onalfo has previously worked with D.C. and Kansas City and will be looking forward to the challenge of managing a side that has been so successful under Bruce Arena.

Curt Onalfo has worked with Bruce Arena in the past as an assistant and left to coach LA Galaxy II which is the equivalent of the reserve team. He has been quite successful with the reserve team, and this has prompted LA Galaxy to appoint him as their new coach.

Curt Onalfo also has good experience of international football as he has been an assistant to Bruce Arena when the latter was in charge of the United States national team from 2003 to 2007. Given that he is familiar with Arena’s methods, players and fans should not expect too much change in the playing style of the team when the season begins. Continue reading LA Galaxy name new coach

Bruce Arena Happy with Knockout Round atStubHub Center

Bruce Arena is extremely happy that LA Galaxy’s game in the MLS Cup play-offs will take place at the StubHub Center.


FC Dallas will be the final opponent for LA Galaxy in the regular campaign. This will be followed by a game against Real Salt Lake in the final round of games to decide the play-off participants. Arena has been extremely disappointed with the form in the regular season and he has placed a lot of faith in ensuring that the team comes out as winners in the MLS Cup.

Arena has already placed a lot of pressure on the team by claiming that anything other than a MLS Cup title will be a poor season for the club. The manager has the right to demand a success given that the team has spent a lot of money on star players like Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane. Continue reading Bruce Arena Happy with Knockout Round atStubHub Center

LA Galaxy to face New England without Keane and Gerrard

LA Galaxy, who is currently unbeaten in 6 games, would want to continue their streak in the match against New England.

It is not going to be easy though against a team that is a draw specialist. And when you know that LA Galaxy only managed to draw in the game against Sporting KC, they will need to improve if they want to come out of this game with a victory.


The worst part is that they will be without their star players in Robbie Keane, Steven Gerrard as well as Ashley Cole. Both Robbie Keane and Steven Gerrard will be missing the game against New England because of injuries while Ashley Cole will be banned for the match. Indeed, the defender got sent off needlessly in the match against Sporting KC after getting two cards in the space of 1 minute.

New England have become the draw specialist of the MLS after drawing seven of their ten games so far this season. They have only managed one win this season, and it will be difficult for LA Galaxy to find a way through them. Continue reading LA Galaxy to face New England without Keane and Gerrard

MLS and FC merger on the Grow

On April 14, MLS and FC might be making a merger which would become a rather large expansion. The league and club made the announcement this past Thursday and announced that Deputy Commissioner Mark Abbot would be visiting the Sacramento Republic FC joined alongside with Major League Soccer Comissioner Don Garber.

Republic manager and partner Kevin Nagle will be meeting with Abbott and Garber to discuss a proposed new stadium that would reside in the Railyard area of the city. The new soccer stadium has a considerable cost and both sides need to meet up to evaluate the cost and if they feel the new stadium would be worth it.

“MLS Commissioner Don Garber is looking forward to visiting Sacramento on April 14 and discussing Sacramento Republic FC’s proposal to join MLS as an expansion club,” read a league statement. “During the trip, Commissioner Garber will meet with Sacramento Republic FC owner Kevin Nagle and tour the proposed site for a new soccer stadium in the Railyards development.” Continue reading MLS and FC merger on the Grow

Major League Soccer will spend more cash to bring top players

When it comes to expenditure, the Major League Soccer isn’t a league which is known for spending huge amounts of cash and luring in young world class player. Clubs from the MLS have a tendency of signing veteran players who are nearing the final stages of their career but it has now been announced that the American League has allocated more money as a way to bring in more top class players and possibly younger ones as well.

A few days ago it was confirmed that the MLS is investing an additional $32 million in salaries during the upcoming 2 years for players as a way that can help upgrade the quality in the teams of the league.

This investment is known as Targeted Allocation Money and the main objective of this cash is to create a deeper roster for the clubs in the MLS with the long term goal of turning the MLS into one of the top leagues in the world by 2022. Continue reading Major League Soccer will spend more cash to bring top players

Sebastian Giovinco turned out to be one of the stars of the MLS

Former Juventus striker Sebastian Giovinco turned out to be one of the stars of the MLS weekend after scoring a hat-trick in the recent 4-4 draw against New York City.

Toronto were looking to close the gap on second placed New York Red Bulls, but they failed to do so after earning only a point from this game. Still, it felt like a major victory for Toronto, but home supporters of New York City were extremely disappointed to see their team drop two more points. The team has now managed only one win in the last five matches and this is threatening to disrupt the aspirations for the season.

Summer signing David Villa once again proved his capabilities by scoring two goals, but he was outshined by another European import. Villa had given the lead for New York City after just 17 minutes, which was then doubled following the own goal byPerquis. However, the home team were unable to maintain this impressive advantage for long. A brilliant hat-trick fromGiovinco – with one of the goals coming from a penalty – set them on the path towards a victory. However, Mullins’ equaliser with six minutes of normal time remaining levelled things up once again. Continue reading Sebastian Giovinco turned out to be one of the stars of the MLS

Alan Gordon has stated that all the players at the club are left extremely disappointed

LA Galaxy striker Alan Gordon has stated that all the players at the club are left extremely disappointed following the poor start to the season.

A 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Orlando City has seen the team slip out of the play-off places. Even though they have been able to recover from this defeat by managing a 1-0 win over Houston Dynamo in the subsequent match, the players are extremely concerned about the poor form that the team has been experiencing for the last couple of months. The win over Houston was the first LA Galaxy have managed after almost a month.

Gordon says that the situation will surely improve in the coming weeks as the club start getting back a number of players from the sidelines. One of the first to come back and improve the team was striker Robbie Keane, who contributed the assist in the win over Houston. Aside from it, the club are also looking forward to welcoming Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. The former England star has signed with the Galaxy for the next couple of years on a free transfer. José Villarreal also returned from the sidelines and he will help improve the team as well. Continue reading Alan Gordon has stated that all the players at the club are left extremely disappointed

Javier Morales has been one of the best players of the 2015 MLS

Javier Morales has been one of the best players of the 2015 MLS season so far. He continued his impressive run by managing a goal against San Jose Earthquakes last weekend.

This helped the club’s second consecutive league victory and this has moved the club to third place in the table after four matches. Despite being 35 years of age, the midfielder has been showing his pure quality in the recent matches. His long-range effort against San Jose helped differentiate both teams and Dominic Kinnear admitted after the match that his team could do nothing about the effort fromMorales.

The Argentine has created two goals and set up another two in his first four matches this campaign.Morales is someone who is used to scoring goals but not at the rate he is doing currently. Last season, he managed to 9 goals throughout the whole campaign and it was just one short of what he had achieved in the 2013 season with Real Salt Lake. His amazing start to this campaign – in terms of scoring goals – is set to see him break the records of the last two seasons. It is an amazing advantage for Real Salt Lake to have a midfielder contributing such a large number of goals. Continue reading Javier Morales has been one of the best players of the 2015 MLS